Need a quick and easy meal for the family? Hitting a mental block when it comes to a quick, easy meal for the family (that’s not takeout?!) I’ve got you covered! This is a quick and easy way to make chicken. I do it about once a week, because then we get meals out of it for the rest of the week! This is seriously the easiest and yummiest recipe!
To make my favorite Shredded Chicken you need the following ingredients:
- Raw chicken breast. Either fresh or frozen, but make sure you add cooking time when cooking from frozen. I didn’t cook all of these at once. I cooked 3 chicken breasts and froze the other 4 for next time!
- Your favorite type of canned tomatoes. These pictured are what I used the other day!
- Seasoning. I use garlic salt and seasoned salt. You can grab them both together here!
- If you absolutely cannot stand tomatoes you could use chicken broth for your instant pot liquid. You need at least a cup so things don’t burn. You don’t need this if you put the canned tomatoes in.
- Instant Pot (We have this one).
Next, How to Make it!
Are you worried that you don’t cook much? Think this one might be too hard? Nope! All you do is throw everything in the instant pot (I wouldn’t throw all the salt in… just sprinkle some in! You’ll need to salt to taste after it’s cooked), set it to “poultry,” and let it cook!
You could read a book, do dishes, or quickly mow half your lawn while waiting for this to cook.
When it’s all done you might think it looks a little weird… but I think it looks super yummy!
After it’s done cooking, what’s next?
Either leave it be in the instant pot for the steam to slowly release, or you can turn the valve and do a quick release of steam. I usually use a wooden spoon to turn the release, so the steam doesn’t hit my arm!
Once again, you might think it looks kinda weird. My mouth starts watering just looking at it.
After it’s shredded I add the tomatoes back and mix them in with the chicken, but not all the broth. Maybe a little broth so it doesn’t get dry. If I’m making chicken tortilla soup I use the broth as the soup base. I’ll have to type up that recipe sometime.
Depending on how much you cooked, you can divide it up. If we don’t use it all right away I will put some in the fridge in my favorite pyrex and put the extra in the freezer. Once it’s cooled, if you spread it out in a gallon ziplock and freeze it flat, it makes it pretty easy to take out smaller portions later.
We chose to have nachos and quesadillas with the hot shredded chicken. Soooo yummy!
Other quick and easy meals with shredded chicken are:
– Chicken salad sandwiches
– Put it on a lettuce salad
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
– Street Tacos
– Stir Fry with rice and veggies
You could also just eat it plain if you preferred! It’s so good!
How would you use it?
Thanks for reading! If you like to save money make sure to check out my Facebook Group for daily deals!